The Faculty of Languages and Communication functions as the centre for the development and
dissemination of languages and literatures in order to produce graduates who are fluent and
competent in major languages of the world as well as promoting national cultures through the
teaching of literature in education. In essence the Faculty of Languages and Communication
aims to generate graduates who are creative and innovative and who are willing to volunteer
services to society. They are also entrusted to cultivate and develop language as a branch of
knowledge, literature, communication, education and social development. In this sense, this
faculty helps the University and thecountry to uphold language and communication as
knowledge discipline in facing the challenges of the new world.
The Faculty of Languages and Communication is situated at IPSI Building , Sultan Abdul Jalil
Shah Campus, Sultan Idris Education University, Tanjong Malim, Perak. Currently, the faculty
offers programmes at Diploma, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) levels.
As a teacher training institution, this faculty has academics who are highly qualified in the fields
of communication, the Malay language, English, Chinese, Tamil, Arabic, Malay literature, and
other languages. With the support of these competent academic and non-academic staff this
faculty is able to achieve the mission of producing a highly-skilled workforce needed by the
The faculty also conducts researches and publications in the fields of language, literature,
communication, media and other languages. These accomplishments allow the faculty to be
recognised as the centre for reference and consultation on issues related to languages,
literature, communication and regional media
To become a faculty of distinction in order to produce scholarly excellence in the fields of language,
literature and communication through the exploration of new knowledge and preservation of local heritage.
To create a scholarship culture that is able to produce human resources in the field of language,
literature and communication adept at being leaders in the globalised world.
- To ensure that at least 80% of students are comfortable and contented with the facilities provided by the Faculty.
- To ensure that at least 80% of lecturers and staf are comfortable and contented with the facilities provided by the Faculty.
- To ensure that the ratio between lecturer and student is 1:20 for full time students.
- To ensure that at least 95% of students attain CGPA of 2.75 and above.
- To ensure that at least 85% of students attain CGPA of 3.00 and above.
- To ensure that at least 97% of students graduate within (8) semesters.
- To ensure that at least 90% of lecturers receive good evaluation score (75% and above) in appraisals made by students.
- To ensure that 100% of administrative and support staff, as well as academic staff (permanent and contract), achieve the minimum CPD required.
- To ensure that at least 80% of customers are satisfied with the services provided by the Faculty.
- To ensure that at least 80% of researches conducted are in line with the aims and directions of the Faculty and University.